In our first ever round of World of Opportunity Programme Grants we had over 200 applicants from businesses across the UK and from a wide variety of industries.
Working in partnership with the Department for International Trade’s (DIT) ‘Exporting is GREAT’ Campaign, the SMEs all received £2000 each to fund trade missions or to research global markets of their choice.
Some of the successful SMEs in the 2018 World of Opportunity Programme included:
- Little Ondine, a London-based company looking to export its toxin-free, odourless, peel-off nail polish to Dubai.
- Northern Ireland’s Glastry Farm Ice Cream which, having been tried and tested by the Prince of Wales, will look for consumers in the hot temperatures of the United Arab Emirates.
- Airboss, which wants to export its unique puncture-proof tyres from its base in Cheltenham to the United States.
The full list of successful SME applicants:
- Storksak Ltd and Bags That Work Ltd London
- KYMIRA Sport, Reading
- SofMat Ltd, North Lincolnshire
- Appen, Pynes Hill, Exeter, EX2 5AZ
- Magic Mirror Ltd, Bristol
- pampeano, Oxford
- Little Ondine Ltd, London
- Tomlinson Hall & Co. Ltd, Billingham
- The Urban Worm CIC, Nottingham
- Reid Lifting Limited, Chepstow
- Love Beets, Ely
- BASI, Grantown on Spey
- Tacit Simulations Ltd, Milton Keynes, UK
- Airboss Tyres Cheltenham
- Durbin plc, United Kingdom
- Farah Qureshi Jewellery
- Glastry Farm Ice Cream Limited, Newtownards, Co Down
- AWW Architects London, Bristol and Plymouth
- Garden of Ideas Ltd
- Micropore Technologies Ltd; Teesside