The Centre is all about innovation and collaboration to accelerate the arrival of sustainable flight. One of the ways Heathrow ensures it is connected to the best thinking is through a think tank which is bringing together some of the best minds from across UK academia.
The ‘think tank’ continues to take shape, with the first four partner universities announced. This network will help to shape and respond to the sustainable innovation challenges at the airport and across the aviation sector.
- Brunel University London, www.brunel.ac.uk
- University of Surrey, www.surrey.ac.uk
- Cranfield University, www.cranfield.ac.uk
- University of Essex, www.essex.ac.uk
- University of Reading, www.reading.ac.uk
- Royal Holloway, University of London, www.rhul.ac.uk
Opinion piece: The journey to electric flight
In the first of our Think Tank pieces we welcome Dr Franciso Montomoli from Imperial College London discussing “The journey to electric flight”.