Heathrow wins Favourite Airport in Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards
Heathrow has been voted as Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ “Favourite Airport” in their 2016 Travel Awards, announced last night.
The Awards celebrate ‘the best of the best in travel, as voted for by people who love travel’ – a terrific accolade for all we’re doing to give passengers the best airport service in the world and recognised by readers who are seasoned and discerning travellers.
Proudly accepting the award on our behalf at the stylish Ham Yard Hotel, Laura Dean, Head of Security Terminal 5, said: “It’s a real tribute to everyone’s efforts over the past year that our consistent high performance has been recognised with this award from our customers who appreciate everything that we’re doing to transform customer service.’
The latest in a string of awards for Heathrow…
Heathrow’s £11bn investment in transforming the airport since 2006, including the new Terminals 2 and 5, has seen it awarded numerous awards in recent years.
These awards include:
- World’s Best Airport Terminal, Best Airport for Shopping, and Best Airport in Western Europe (Skytrax, 2016)
- Best Airport in Western Europe – 25 million passengers and over (ACI Europe, 2016)
- Airport of the Year (The Independent’s Travel Awards, 2016)
- World’s Best Airport Terminal, Best Airport for Shopping, and Best Airport in Western Europe (Skytrax, 2015)
- Eco-Innovation Award and Best Airport (ACI Europe, 2015)
- Energy Management Award (Edie’s Sustainability Leaders Awards, 2015)
- Single European Sky Award for Time Based Separation procedure (SESAR, 2016)
75 million passengers travelled via Heathrow in 2015..
More people than ever chose Heathrow in 2015 with 75 million passengers passing through the terminals, as the airport achieved its highest ever passenger satisfaction rate. Heathrow has invested in more security lanes and more e-gates in immigration, new lounges and hotels and in training for front line colleagues to keep improving the experience for passengers.
Highlights from 2016 so far include:
- Heathrow achieved record half-year passenger satisfaction scores – with 83% of passengers rating their journey as “very good” or “excellent”
- Garuda Indonesia became the newest airline to join Heathrow, launching a 5-times-weekly service direct to Jakarta;
- Heathrow and Hong Kong International Airport signed a new partnership to drive innovation and service;
- Korean Air became the 9th carrier to use an A380 at Heathrow
- Oman Air launched a second daily service to Muscat with newly purchased slots
- Heathrow’s expansion client partners were announced – CH2M, Arup, MACE and Turner & Townsend
- Ethiopian Airlines became the second carrier to start using the revolutionary new A350 at the airpor
Expansion case goes from strength to strength…
Heathrow has released a new fly through video showcasing how expansion at the UK’s hub airport is about more than just a runway. Titled – “It’s time for Heathrow” – the video also includes inside footage of the state-of-the-art new Central Terminal Area design. Watch the full video here.